Planning Your First Trip To London? 5 things To Take
London can be a marvellous destination to visit, especially if you’re travelling with your family. There are lots of iconic spots across the great city, along with excellent dining and sightseeing options for everyone visiting. It’s important to have a plan in mind when visiting London as it’s best to utilize your time smartly.
Many of the top business hotels in London, like The LaLiT London, offer an extensive activities tour that is especially designed for first time visitors coming. Travellers visiting for meetings can extend their stay to cover different locations while they’re here.
Here are 5 things that you need to take care of when visiting –
1. Book a quality stay – Location is everything when you’re in London. This extends to the hotels you’re staying in, as well as the sights that you will be exploring. A good part of your itinerary should be broken up into key locations of interest. Luxury hotels near tower bridge offer the best views and the closest proximity to popular areas.
2. Try all the local cuisines – Local specials such as Fish & chips, Shepard’s pie, and Yorkshire pudding should be explored early on. Many of the popular hot spots in London, especially Southbank, Trafalgar and Canary offer a wide variety of cuisines to try out.
3. Don’t forget to visit a local pub – The pub culture originated in the main streets of London, giving rise to the global phenomenon of having a drink with your mates. Top pubs like The Mayflower, Headmaster’s Room & Compton Arms give you the best of local brews and awe-inspiring British interiors.
4. Pre-book local transportation – The London Underground, Docklands, and Double Decker buses are popular modes of transportation in the city. It’s a good idea to be careful in this regard and pre-book your transportation tickets. This is helpful when it comes to cost management and staying on-course as you traverse its 32 boroughs.
5. Keep valuables safe – Another important point to remember, especially when venturing out to remote locations, is to keep your belongings safe. That’s why booking a quality hotel comes in handy, as you can drop off your valuables in the safe in your room. The city is best explored on foot, as you walk through main streets and inroads carefree.