Top 5 Destination To Visit in India in October 2018
October is probably one of the most awaited months of the year. Reason being – the balmy skies, pleasant weather, and falling temperatures, coupled with the right number of Diwali and Dussehra holidays, make it the perfect month to travel in India. Those looking for places to visit in India in October will be left in dilemma, owing to the huge number of options. We have compiled a few off-the-track places to visit this year. So, pack your bags, book your tickets and leave for a memorable trip right away!
1. Lakshadweep: The lesser explored island of Lakshadweep is one of the most exotic places to visit this October. The climate during this time is favourable and makes it comfortable for the tourists to explore the beauty of this place. These islands are perfect for scuba diving and yacht sailing. Lakshadweep is also famous for lagoon fishing where you can try your luck at catching some tuna, planktons and more. However, you require a permit to visit Lakshadweep and you can download and fill out the application available online. Once permission has been granted, you can visit a few of the islands there.
2. Alappuzha: Alappuzha also known as ‘Venice of the East’, is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Kerala. It is famous for boat races, backwater holidays and perfect beaches. Opt for a hotel that offers a room on a houseboat when in Alappuzha. Food plays a major role in Kerala’s economy and one of the must-do things here is to sample some amazing dishes freshly prepared for you. Whether you love seafood or are a rice-lover, do try the authentic taste on a banana leaf.
3. Shillong: Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya and a great therapy for your eyes. It is one of the best holiday places and while you are traveling here in October, you will have the chance to witness the post-monsoon lush greenery which indeed can make you fall in love with it. To get a proper view of the place, head to the Shillong Peak that stands tall at 6449 ft above sea level. Another prime destination in Shillong is the Umiam Lake which is famous for its water sports activities like boating, kayaking, water scooting, etc. The lake is surrounded by hills that adds to its beauty and make for a picture-perfect backdrop.
4. Nainital: Fondly called the ‘Lake District of India’, Nainital is a beautiful hill station that revolves around Lake Nani and offers a majestic view of the hills surrounding it. A trip to the lake without going boating is incomplete. It is also the perfect place to catch the sunset. You can also take a cable car ropeway all the way up to Snow-view Point. This is the perfect place to get a panoramic view of the hill station. You can buy a ticket, go all the way up, halt there for some time and then come back.
5. Jodhpur: Jodhpur is one of the most colourful places in Rajasthan. It is a city that is characterized by museums, traditions, vibrant colors, paintings, and the never-ending history of the Rajputs. When in Jodhpur, take the desert safari and play over the sand dunes as you ride your favorite SUVs. Places like Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhawan Palace, and Mandore Gardens make it one of the best places to visit in October in India.
So, it’s time to book your flights and spend some quality time with your friends and family. You can also apply for an ICICI credit card to fund your exotic vacation without worrying about money. ICICI offers a plethora of credit cards with attractive cash back and reward points. ICICI bank also offers travel cards that are specially designed for frequent travelers such as ICICI JET Airways Rubyx Card, Sapphiro Card and Jet Airways Coral Card. Hence, you can now both spend and earn at the same time. Happy vacations!