Dental avulsion is generally when a tooth has completely come out if its socket. This also follows a trauma to the mouth. Along with that, it could possibly happen to a permanent (adult) tooth or a primary (baby) tooth. Also, this trauma could be a fall at home including a sporting injury, hitting and also fainting the ground face first.
In case, it happens to a baby tooth that comes out as a whole, then the treatment is to leave it out and also replant it in the mouth. Along with that, you will also need to see a particular dentist for the purpose of checking other teeth. It is also needed to make sure that there are no other injuries and to check whether the tooth has come out completely or not.
Also, it generally happens in case of an adult tooth then, it is very important to consider the replanting of tooth. Also, an avulsed permanent tooth is considered to be a real emergency situation and so, it is needed to be attended as soon as possible. One should necessarily follow the appropriate listed steps when it happens to you.
1. You need to stay calm if it particularly happens to you. In case, it happens to somebody you are with, then, you need to keep the particular person calm.
2. Along with that, it is also important to find the tooth whenever you are picking it up, you should hold the tooth from the top part and also, it is important to avoid touching the lower root surfaces.
3. In case of the dirty tooth, it is needed to be quickly washed under the running cold water. You can also promptly place it into the back of your mouth if possible.
Along with that, you can also place the tooth back into the mouth which can be done by the patient or their parents or whoever feels comfortable doing it.
4. If replacement of the teeth is not possible then, you can generally put it in a container of milk. In case, there is no milk at the time, the tooth may be placed in the mouth of a patient under the tongue or between his or her cheek and also rear molar teeth.
There is also a risk of swallowing the tooth in case the patient is young or has a disability and also is unable to do the above. Along with that, it is also very important to ask the patient to spit into a container and then put the tooth in there.
5. After that, one can generally proceed to see a dentist as soon as possible. Within 30 minutes, it is very important to be aware in case the tooth has mainly placed back into its socket. In this case, you need to contact the dental clinic which has dentists involved in practicing emergency dental treatment.
In this way, it is particularly evident from most of the people are now opting for the procedure of tooth avulsion. So, it is considered to the complete displacement of a tooth from its socket generally in the alveolar bone owing to the trauma.
The treatment for the permanent teeth again consists of replantation in an immediate manner if possible. Along with that, the deciduous teeth should not be replanted generally due to the risk of damaging the permanent tooth germ. So, there are several factors affecting prognosis of avulsed tooth.
Author bio -
Dr. Narinder Singh is a great dentist and has been in this profession for the last 10 Years more. He specializes in oral hygiene and is also a maxillofacial surgeon. With great practice, he is one of the best dentists in Melbourne and providing information about Dentures treatment and Mouthguards.