What Types Of
Electricity Related Choices Are Available To Texans?
This section preferably focuses on types of electricity-related choices that are available to the Texans. It also involves a comparison of the Texas electric rates.
Texas Electricity Rates
Generally, the power to choose electricity plans sets the state apart in Texas. For the most part, Texans are not mainly forced to accept pricing from a single energy provider in about 85 percent of the states. In this regard, the residents mainly have the power to choose among several retail electricity providers.
What Exactly Deregulation Means For Texas Electricity Rates?
• Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 9.5 percent lower than the national average.
• Texas is also involved in generating the fifth-highest amount of electricity from solar energy.
• By far, Texas generates the most electricity of any state from the wind.
• Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 23 percent lower than the national average.
• Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
Important Choices Available To Texans
• Fixed-Rate Plans: The fixed-rate plans usually give customers more stability for their monthly energy bills as the rate a customer signs up with is the rate he or she specifically pays for the length of the plan’s contract.
• Variable-Rate Plans: Variable rate plans mainly have the rates which can fluctuate from month to month on the basis of market electricity prices.
In this way, it is particularly evident from the above section; you have to keep in mind several important steps so as to compare electricity companies.